Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Love of Chenille !



Quilt Fats ..Available at www.sunflowerlane.biz

As a small child I remember laying across my mothers bed
and getting dot
indentations...my arms , legs and face ..
from her Martha Washington Chenille Bedspread .
I loved it my mother still has that bedspread in the guest room .
Just as soft and beautiful 50+ years later.

Not really knowing the history of chenille .
I just really Love it all !!

Years later I am Blessed with the association of the of BLUE MOON CHENILLE ...



Something as special as this only comes along once in a Blue Moon .At the turn of the century, Georgia teenager Catherine Evans Whitener longed to give her brother something special for his wedding,so she handcrafted a bedspread decorated with soft cotton tufts,and chenille was born.By the 1940's everyone had bedspreads and bathrobes fashioned from the fabric (whose name comes from the French word for "hairy caterpillar"). Blue Moon has recreated this same cozy fabric.Many of the designs are exact replicas of pieces from the 30's and 40's and some are new patterns designed with the same great vintage look in mind.Cherished by all xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment